About Gina –
Sunny with a 20% chance of melancholy.
Mom of amazing Ina. Step-mom of amazing Emily.
Will stop for runaway dogs, with & without collars.
Have been known to regularly miss exits due to rocking out to "Modest Mouse" & "Florence and The Machine on Seattle radio station "The End."
Knows & will sing every Kate Bush lyric to adoring cats.
Zsa Zsa & Eva are the original favorite sisters.
Madly in love with the wind and the Sea.
Diametrically opposed: Extrovert/Introvert.
Most comfortable out on a limb. Kinda Way out.
Alternates between Pacific Northwest birdsongs and Ennio Morricone as preferred soundtracks when designing jewelry.
100% self taught technically.
Color & Light geek intrinsically.
Right hand Gal; wonderful weaver
Mom to beautiful Bella
How to care for your Fair Portia Jewels
**Common sense Caution**
This easy method involves boiling water. Please proceed extreme care.
Shiny results will be your reward!
You will need:
- 6 C boiling water
- 2 sheets of aluminum foil
- 1/3 C or more baking soda
- Pyrex dish (must be able to handle boiling water temp)!!!
- 2 tea towels
- Large spoon
- Drain cover
- Crumple your tinfoil to create texture & line pyrex dish with one sheet, shiny side up
- Lay your FP jewels in pyrex dish
- Sprinkle baking soda over them (Don't worry, it will bubble when hot water is poured and carry off all traces of hairspray and oxidation)
- Next, Carefully pour (if using an electric kettle ) or ladle boiling water over jewels (Stand back as this can have an unpleasant sulphur smell)
- Carefully put 2nd foil piece, shiny side down, on top
- It will float
- Carefully Use your spoon to lightly tamp down around jewels, it may still float slightly, that is OK
- Leavesitting for 15 - 30 min
- Make sure the drain in your sink is covered/closed, then remove jewels and run under tepid faucet until any remaining residue from baking soda has disappeared
- Gently pat dry using a tea towel or other soft cloth
- Leave out to dry completely, for 2 or more hours on the 2nd towel
Et Voila! Sparkle & Shine.
Repeat as often as needed